Previously announced as one of the headliners of the Miami Reggae Festival, Luciano, along with Warrior King and Bonnie Casey, has cancelled his South Florida appearance.
According to Rockazmvmt president, Alfonso Brooks, Luciano’s management recently informed him that he would be unable to perform because he does not have a visa and therefore cannot travel or perform in the United States.
Warrior King and Bonnie Casey have also dropped out because they were booked with Luciano as a package deal.
“It’s messed up,” said Brooks, “But life happens sometimes.”
Fortunately, another reggae giant has emerged to fill the slot. Temporarily putting their solo projects aside, Morgan Heritage will come together to save the festival, putting in their effort to support the food drive and combat food insecurity.
“People went above and beyond to make this happen,” said Brooks. “It’s going to work.”
The new lineup for the Miami Reggae Festival will also include performances by Puerto Rican reggae sensation Cultura Prophetica, The Spam Allstars, Jahfe, Ephniko and many more.
The concert is still free to attend aside from a two-can minimum donation to the food drive, and is still scheduled to go on from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, April 30 at Peacock Park in Coconut Grove.